The TeamCompetency Training Systems International
President & Chief Learning Officer
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) Cal-Nevada Section
- California Water Environment Association (CWEA)
- Western Utilities Workforce Development Seminar
- Utility Management Conference
- American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- San Francisco Water, Power, and Sewer
- Various utilities throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento region
Organizational Performance Support Manager
As Organizational Performance Program Manager for the Union Sanitary District, she directed the District’s strategic planning and continuous improvement efforts. Her responsibilities included assisting the Executive Team with development and implementation of the strategic plan; coordinating the District’s performance measurement program (balanced scorecards); providing support and facilitation for problem-solving and continuous improvement projects; and educating staff on quality principles and practices.
Since leaving USD, she had consulted with nonprofit organizations and utilities. She is active in several national groups involved with quality and utility management, including the Water Environment Association Utility Management Committee. She served on the Advisory Group that worked with the US Environmental Protection Agency to develop the Effective Utility Management Primer, and presents workshops and papers on Effective Utility Management at national conferences and meetings.
Donna holds a BA in Physical Sciences from UC Berkeley and certification in Quality Management from UC Santa Cruz.
Donna provides support to CTS and their clients in the following areas:
- Strategic Planning Organizational Performance Measurement
- Balanced Scorecards and Strategy Maps
- Collaborative, interest-based problem-solving
- Meeting/retreat planning and facilitation
Senior Technical Analyst
- Wastewater Operator Grade V
- Industrial Waste Inspector Grade IV
- Laboratory Analyst Grade III
With his certifications, Vaughn can provide extensive expertise across a broad spectrum of the wastewater and water fields. He started in a career as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator at the City of Salinas in 1976. He subsequently served in this capacity at the City of San Jose and (USD. In 1980, Vaughn qualified as and became a Laboratory Analyst at the Union Sanitary District. After working for five years in the Laboratory, he applied for and was selected to become a Waste Source Control Inspector at USD. When USD required the expertise of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Supervisor, Vaughn volunteered to cover this requirement from 1987 to 1994. In 1994, he returned to the Environmental Compliance team and served as the Industrial Waste Control Supervisor until 1998. In 1998, he assumed the duties as Environmental Programs Coordinator at USD until his retirement in 2011.
Vaughn has experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment plant processes (Influent, Effluent, Sedimentation, Aeration, Digestion, Chemical Systems, Water Systems, and SCADA)
- Knowledge of safety procedures and processes
- Knowledge of Treatment Plant Operator duties (inspection and operation)
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control
- Knowledge of treatment plant equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory analysis procedure and processes
- Knowledge of Pre-Treatment Program regulations, reports, and compliance
Senior Technical Analyst
- Knowledge of Waste Water Plant process
- Knowledge of Plant Mechanic Duties
- Knowledge of Heavy Equipment operations
- Knowledge of Treatment Plant equipment
- Knowledge of all Plant Safety Policies and Procedures
James L. Martinez
Chief Financial Officer
His experience spans both the public and private sectors including extensive contracting and audit experience with both state and federal organizations. Jim experience includes Human Resource responsibility which he developed a long-term plan for gathering company intelligence. He has an MBA from University of California at Los Angeles, and a BS in Business Administration, from San Jose State University.
Director of Human Resources
DiAnn is a customer-oriented Senior Director with 15+ years’ broad-based generalist experience working in high technology/biotech, R&D, manufacturing, and software organizations. She has as a tactical and strategic business partner to the executive team integrated the HR function within the overall business goals; demonstrated skills in negotiations, conflict resolution and experienced high growth in start-up environments. Her areas of expertise: Compensation and Benefits Design, Employment & Labor Law Employee Relations, Training & Career Development, Change Management, Recruiting/Staffing, Sexual Harassment/EEO issues, Workers Compensation, and SOX Audits.