Job PostingsCompetency Training Systems International
The Project Manager supports and works effectively in a team-based organization supervising the development of training systems, providing coaching, conducting project management, and administrative responsibilities.
The Project Manager coaches and provides support to CTS Senior Technical Analysts. The Senior Technical Analyst position supports the planning, organization, development of training modules and directly supports training assessments.
The Project Manager requires the ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and effective decision-making, communication and interpersonal skills.
Examples of Duties
Works with the Vice-President/Chief Learning Officer to develop and assist to implement Strategic Plan objectives and performance measures to meet CTS goals; develops and applies benchmarking data and other work group metrics; ensures that performance measures are tracked and met; works with others to identify and implement process improvements.
Executes the approved Competency Based Training System development and implementation schedule across all contracted technical job classifications. Classifications include Collection System Workers, Plant Operators, Maintenance Mechanics, Electricians, and Instrument Technicians.
Ensures that the Client’s safety program requirements are included in training material; works with Client staff and Environmental Health and Safety experts to identify and resolve safety issues.
Provides technical and coaching assistance to Client’s management and staff to effectively carry out day-to-day duties and responsibilities during training module development.
Ensures that Standard Answers (SA) are developed which provide a tailored standard for training and assessment of Client’s employees; uses CTS software to develop the SA and Competency Assessments (CA).
Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are developed and maintained for all designated technical job classifications from which task competencies are developed.
Uses a variety of operational data, technical information, and best practices to oversee the development of training modules; development of competencies that enhance equipment and process reliability as well as Operation and Maintenance (O&M) processes.
Reviews and evaluates a variety of operational data, including data from the SCADA system, daily logs and tests to incorporate into the training module.
Leverages Capital Improvement Project support to identify a need for future training requirements; researching and providing necessary data to support a training plan for future system installations.
Supports Train-The-Trainer sessions to allow the client’s trainers to use the training system.
Provides significant input to a variety of periodic and special reports, including monthly reports.
Furnishes information and recommends action to the Project Manager and client’s Collection Systems Manager for improved operational efficiency.
Helps create a strong performance ethic within the CTS team.
Motivates Client’s employee(s), recognizes employee contributions, and maximizes individual development.
Coordinates with other Senior Technical Analysts and the Project Manager to develop a CTS-wide approach to issues.
Incumbents will perform any other duties that are appropriate for the scope and level of responsibility of this classification.
- Principles and practices of effective performance management
- Leadership, and team building; project management and coordination
- Project Management Institute (PMI) fundamentals and processes
- Principles and fundamentals of Competency Based Training
- Standard tools, equipment, and materials used in the maintenance, repair, installation, and construction of a wastewater collection system
- Safety rules, codes, principles, and practices related to the work, including the methods and precautions used in storing and handling chemicals and other hazardous materials
- Safe working practices relevant to wastewater collection system maintenance, repair, and construction, including shoring practices
- Use of Microsoft Project
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, and internal controls
- Selecting, training, developing, motivating, and evaluating staff
- Delegating work while providing assistance as needed
- Analyzing operational problems and recommending solutions
- Efficient use of materials, staff, and equipment
- Using standard PC programs, SCADA, and Enterprise Asset Management/CMMS
- Leading and training utility staff
- Providing instruction on and enforcing safety regulations and procedures
- Solving problems and analyzing decisions in an emergency
- Observing the direction and supervision of utility staff
- Demonstrate excellent judgment about both technical and management issues and make sound, independent decisions about day-to-day activities
- Supervise/support the planning, organization, direction, and evaluation of the CTS team
- Coordinate work within the CTS team
- Help team members remain accountable for their work products and behaviors
- Set reasonable performance expectations
- Lead discussions with Client’s management staff and employees to resolve problems and complete assignments
- Take appropriate action if standards and expectations are not met
- Provide input to the development and revision of operating schedules and procedures to meet changing conditions
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions in English
- Make clear, concise and effective oral reports and presentations; and deal tactfully and effectively with CTS staff and the Client’s employees
- Work weekends or evenings when client’s schedule requires such attendance
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team-based organization focused on continuous improvement in training
- Establish and maintain a positive customer service attitude and effective working relationships with customers
- Demonstrate excellent two-way communication skills with CTS staff and others, including the ability to listen, explain, and facilitate
- Ask for input
- Offer help
- Accept suggestions
- Maintain professional behavior during stressful situations
- Motivate and develop others and provide recognition and encouragement
- Must demonstrate integrity, fairness, and flexibility and work with others to establish a climate of openness, mutual respect, and teamwork.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with very limited supervision while providing the highest quality product to our Client’s.
Licenses, Certificates, or Credentials:
Must possess a valid Class C California driver’s license, have and maintain a satisfactory driving record, and reliable transportation.
Must possess the physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the class, including the ability to climb stairs and ladders, stoop, walk at least a mile a day, and work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.